Monday, December 21, 2009

I KNOW NOW

I never knew that I was special
I never knew that I should be treated like a princess
I never knew that showing affection in public feels reassuring
I never knew that making love could be mutually fulfilling and rewarding
I never knew that I was good enough
I never knew that I was needed
I never knew that I could be myself
I never knew that I could feel comfortable in my own skin
I never knew that curves could be so sexy
I never knew that I could feel so great laughing out loud
I never knew that spontaneity is actually a strength
I never knew that communication is the key to any relationship
I never knew that it’s okay to ask for what I need
I never knew that it’s okay to ask for what I want
I never knew that it’s okay to be angry and to show it
I never knew that what I had to say was important
I never knew what it felt like to be wanted
I never knew what it felt like to be needed
I never knew that I would share all my secrets
I never knew that I would share my deepest hurts
I never knew that anyone would care
I never knew what it felt like to love myself
I never knew how strong I was
I never knew… UNTIL NOW.

-Jackee

No comments:

Post a Comment