Tuesday, March 02, 2010

There is Life After You

All the pretty words flew right out the door
You pushed me away

You said I was too much; I was so emotional
In the beginning the word was passionate

I was once special
In the end I was just mental

You just can't handle all that I have to give
Never satisfied anyway

You want a puppet to play in your movie of life
Do your own thing and then it's on to the next

I hate how you stripped me down
I was naked and you saw all of me

Took the memories from my mind
Kept me vulnerable for your pleasure

I never suspected
So naive to your cunning

Instead of taking responsibility for your actions
You blamed me

I never asked to be saved
I never once misbehaved until your selfishness took over

You had to have an excuse for your behavior
So that you could keep the truth undercover

I was left alone without a word
Thrown away, just like the others

I will never be deceived again
I will survive, as I have many times before

I can overcome your betrayal
But you will never be loved again like I loved you

I am more than you deserve
And you will never have me again

So many lies; so many tries
Full of disrespect and never thinking of another

You have no compass to keep you well
You are no better than them

You will one day atone for what you have done
But my heart and mind will have already won

I'm the best thing...
YOU'LL WISH YOU STILL HAD


-Jackee

No comments:

Post a Comment